You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone activation lock

Please an iphone xr was sent to me from USA and I reside in nigeria, it came in with an activation lock which I don't know, the iphone xr isn't reported stolen or lost it's icloud is clean... every effort to locate the previous owner has since been impossible, please how do I locate the previous owner.

iPhone XR

Posted on Sep 8, 2021 7:06 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2021 7:15 PM

You can't locate any owner and Apple does not provide any personal info to anyone.

Activation Lock is a theft deterrent feature with no bypass or workaround.

Without the owner's authorisation (Apple ID & password), no thief or anyone including you can re-use the device.

You can recycle the device responsibly.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 8, 2021 7:15 PM in response to anekemunachijese

You can't locate any owner and Apple does not provide any personal info to anyone.

Activation Lock is a theft deterrent feature with no bypass or workaround.

Without the owner's authorisation (Apple ID & password), no thief or anyone including you can re-use the device.

You can recycle the device responsibly.

Iphone activation lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.