You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook M1 CapsLock always glows and malfunction.

My caps lock light won't turn off. Even if my computer is actually off, it is still on. It's bright when it's on and it's half-bright when it's off. It dulls with every key I press, but it comes straight back to being bright when I release it.

When the caps lock is on, it messes with my typing:

• when I press the space bar, I get HNY6 ] (seems to be all in a line except [ )
  • when I press the down arrow, I get IK*{< (I think with shift down)
  • when I press the ` button, I get AQZ1`

I believe the light went off for a few minutes after one reset, but when I restarted the computer, it reappeared. I've now de-activated the caps lock so it doesn't do anything, but it's still lit.

I can find a lot of people who have had this issue, but all have only had the above troubleshooting and no response from the original person as to whether it worked or anyone else adding any other possible ideas.

I'd love to avoid being without the computer for any length of time to get it repaired...so I'm hoping there's an obvious solution out there.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.3

Posted on Sep 9, 2021 4:58 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Macbook M1 CapsLock always glows and malfunction.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.