You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp ImageInstall Issue with Multiple Physical Drives

I have upgraded my iMac 27inch 2019 Fusion drive to 1 SSD and 1 HDD inside.

Before I upgrade my device, bootcamp worked with no problem, but now I cannot install win10 in my iMac. The error message was

Windows cannot locate the disk and partition specified in the unattend answer file’s <ImageInstall> setting. Make sure the setting references a valid partition and restart the installation

I know if iMac contain multiple physical drives inside, bootcamp have some problems by google searching. But I cannot reopen my device to remove my HDD now. Is there any way I can install win10 on my device?

I think what cause the problem is that I have installed macOS on my SSD and after I used bootcamp, I found C disk was set to my HDD. Maybe bootcamp has set C disk to install win10 but main system was in SSD (which is D disk). So I have tried unmount HDD while bootcamp installation and win10 installation but it did not work. I also have tried to install win10 without bootcamp with win10 install USB, which also did not work.

iMac 27″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Sep 9, 2021 5:48 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2021 7:28 AM

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Bootcamp ImageInstall Issue with Multiple Physical Drives

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.