You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scroll and highlight text problem

All of a sudden on my MacBook Pro, i can't scroll and highlight Microword text; yes, i can click and hold shift down at end of the text in order to highlight it, but that's much slower than just sliding my finger on the trackpad. Any idea how to get scroll/highlight back?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Sep 10, 2021 12:23 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Sep 11, 2021 9:18 AM in response to ArtEric

Hi ArtEric,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

We understand that you're unable to scroll and highlight text in Microsoft Word any longer, correct?

Do you experience the same behavior in any other apps such as Notes for example?

If you create a new user account and attempt to select text in Microsoft Word, does it respond as you'd expect?

To create a new user account, you can go to the Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Users & Groups.

Click the lock icon, then enter an administrator name and password.

Click the add button (+) below the list of users.

Complete the fields shown for an Administrator account, then click Create Account (or OK).

Once you’ve created the new account, go to the Apple menu  > Log Out, then log in with the new account and test Microsoft Word.

We look forward to your reply.

Cheers!

Scroll and highlight text problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.