You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime does not work if connected to WiFi

I cannot make or receive FaceTime if I am connected to my WiFi, either at school or home. I have to turn WiFi off and then it works fine over cellular. Does anyone know why FaceTime will not work over WiFi?

Thank you.

Posted on Sep 11, 2021 8:29 PM

3 replies

Sep 12, 2021 2:37 PM in response to mahonm2

Hello mahonm2,

We see you're having issues with FaceTime calls while on Wi-Fi, and we'd be happy to help.

We'd recommend starting with this page, which can help with FaceTime call issues: If you can't make a FaceTime call on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Be sure to also check for any VPNs or networking/security apps that may be installed. If you have any installed, try temporarily uninstalling them.

You may also try resetting the network settings of the device. Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you’ve used before. Be sure to note down any needed Wi-Fi passwords ahead of time.

Cheers.

FaceTime does not work if connected to WiFi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.