You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I setup my apple tv gen2 without a remote? it won't pair to my iphone 8+ and i bought a new remote that I don't know how to pair. I have it hooked up with the ethernet cable but I can't get into settings or anything without a remote.

How do I set up a gen 2 apple tv without a remote? I cant hook up my iphone 8+ to it without being able to get into the settings.

Apple TV (2nd gen)

Posted on Sep 12, 2021 5:22 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2021 9:22 PM

The software remote in Control Center on your iPhone is compatible with Apple TV (3rd generation or later), not 2nd gen.

i bought a new remote that I don't know how to pair.

Please see: If your Apple TV remote isn't working - Apple Support Do both steps, to clear any previous link first.

Verify that you got the correct remote for your model Apple TV. Identify your Apple TV remote - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 12, 2021 9:22 PM in response to teaira103

The software remote in Control Center on your iPhone is compatible with Apple TV (3rd generation or later), not 2nd gen.

i bought a new remote that I don't know how to pair.

Please see: If your Apple TV remote isn't working - Apple Support Do both steps, to clear any previous link first.

Verify that you got the correct remote for your model Apple TV. Identify your Apple TV remote - Apple Support

how do I setup my apple tv gen2 without a remote? it won't pair to my iphone 8+ and i bought a new remote that I don't know how to pair. I have it hooked up with the ethernet cable but I can't get into settings or anything without a remote.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.