You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printing double sided from Ipad Pro

Is there a way to print double sided on an Ipad without the second page being upside down?

Posted on Sep 14, 2021 8:43 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2021 9:41 AM

I'm trying to print a document on both sides of the paper (landscape). The second side prints upside down from the topside (page 1). My printer is an HP Office Jet Pro 8020 series (new). The document is a pages document. When I go to print, there is no option for flipping on long edge or flipping on short edge, so I'm not sure how to fix this without just printing each page manually. I've looked at other forums and discovered that many people have run into this same issue. If I print it from my Mac, I have the option to change how it flips. There seems to be no way to do this from my Ipad Pro.

Thanks for your reply

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 14, 2021 9:41 AM in response to LotusPilot

I'm trying to print a document on both sides of the paper (landscape). The second side prints upside down from the topside (page 1). My printer is an HP Office Jet Pro 8020 series (new). The document is a pages document. When I go to print, there is no option for flipping on long edge or flipping on short edge, so I'm not sure how to fix this without just printing each page manually. I've looked at other forums and discovered that many people have run into this same issue. If I print it from my Mac, I have the option to change how it flips. There seems to be no way to do this from my Ipad Pro.

Thanks for your reply

Sep 14, 2021 9:14 AM in response to Ihavenoanswers

For the benefit of clarity, I presume that “upside down” implies that when printing the even numbered pages, the printed text is inverted on what is effectively the back of the paper page. In other words, when printing double-sided, your printed page has text flipped on the short-edge - and not the long-edge of the page?

Other than checking the print settings, I’m stumped as to the cause.

Can you provide details of your printer - and, if used, details of your Print Server?

Printing double sided from Ipad Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.