You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old eMails coming in on iPad

How do I stop old emails coming in on my new iPad?

iPad mini 4, iPadOS 14

Posted on Sep 14, 2021 7:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2021 1:26 PM

Hello ProfGold,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities, and congratulations on your new iPad! We'll be happy to help in any way we can. We understand you're having issues with old emails syncing to your device. To start, which email account is syncing the content (iCloud, Yahoo, Gmail, etc.)? As there are no settings to limit the email you receive in the Mail app, you can filter your messages as outlined in the section of this article titled "Filter emails": Flag and filter emails on iPad

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 15, 2021 1:26 PM in response to ProfGold

Hello ProfGold,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities, and congratulations on your new iPad! We'll be happy to help in any way we can. We understand you're having issues with old emails syncing to your device. To start, which email account is syncing the content (iCloud, Yahoo, Gmail, etc.)? As there are no settings to limit the email you receive in the Mail app, you can filter your messages as outlined in the section of this article titled "Filter emails": Flag and filter emails on iPad

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Sep 15, 2021 5:48 PM in response to ProfGold

Thank you for those details, ProfGold,

While there isn't a setting to prevent mail of a certain age from coming to your Mail app, we'll provide as much guidance as we can. To find the account associated with the Mail app, go to Settings > Mail > Accounts. When you find the email provider (Yahoo, iCloud, Gmail, etc.) you can go to their webmail site and delete the email from there to keep it from coming to your iPad. If you're unable to do this, we recommend reaching out to the Email Service Provider for further guidance in resolving this issue as they would be the best resource for this information.

Cheers!

Sep 15, 2021 5:18 PM in response to Eric--F

Thanks for your answer, but it didn’t help sadly. The emails just keep coming - over 5000 this morning dating from April 2020 all shown an unread. The account is Mail. I can select a couple of hundred and delete them thinking I’ll reduce the number. Within minutes the number of new emails increases retrieving more from earlier times.

Old eMails coming in on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.