You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't connect my iphone to mac keynote as a remote

So i wanted to use my iPhone 12 Pro Max as a remote control to my keynote on mac, both are on the same wifi network, but they just don't connect , the soft says that my iPhone is unavailable, i have to connect them both on the same network, but they are already on the same network . I get my phone name in the list of remotes , i click and nothing happens, just an error . How can i fix this problem?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Sep 15, 2021 4:25 AM

5 replies

Sep 16, 2021 4:12 AM in response to SergeyMk

Try this resetting procedure for Keynote:

• complete all of the following steps in the order listed
  • ensure you have a current backup of all your Keynote files, saved to a separate drive
  • close all applications
  • uninstall Keynote; for this procedure to work, an application removal tool must be used, App Delete has a free trial and works for this procedure. It can be downloaded from the developer’s website here:  App Delete
  • empty the Trash (Finder > Empty Trash)
  • restart the Mac (Apple Menu > Restart);  Immediately after the Apple startup sound, press the shift key on the keyboard, release shift when the Apple icon appears. Start up will take longer than usual as the Mac is performing a software repair of the start up drive
  • After the Mac is fully powered up, restart the Mac normally:   Apple Menu > Restart
  • reinstall Keynote from the Mac App Store Application
  • Restart the Mac again

Can't connect my iphone to mac keynote as a remote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.