You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I upgrade OS X Yosemite and if so, how?

Can I upgrade OS X Yosemite on my Mac mini and if so, how?

Posted on Sep 16, 2021 6:53 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2021 7:04 AM

Back up your data, check your applications for compatibility, and click on an upgrade link from the Related Article above.

If your computer's running Yosemite, it can be upgraded at least as far as El Capitan.

If you're trying to upgrade from an earlier OS to Yosemite, it depends on what model it is.

(204852)

4 replies

Sep 16, 2021 2:09 PM in response to Niel

I have a new problem now. My mouse stopped allowing me to type so I couldn't shut down using the keyboard but had to shut down manually. After doing so I was unable to get past the Apple window and loading bar. There is no space for my password and although the mouse's cursor still moves if I click nothing happens. So, I am now unable to access my Mac mini and am forced to be using another device. I have tried shutting down manually several times and even tried starting in Safe Mode but there is still no way I can submit my password and log in.

Can I upgrade OS X Yosemite and if so, how?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.