You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MACBOOK PRO 2019 15inch failure Logic board , 23 Months old ??? is that normal

I don’t even know how it got to this. I’ve never dropped it, spilled liquid on it, or did anything crazy with it. Just one morning I was developing and it was just black . i Have tried all types of reset, nothing, i brought it to the apple store, well my warranty finish just a few months ago. and turn out logic board dead.

First - They have said in the report that it shows error 6 just before they change the logic board and it turn on . i have been 1h and half hour with senior advisor , cause i have read that this problem is commun in few other forums , and i asked him , I feel like a MacBook shouldn’t just do this. We buy these products for it’s quality but this kind of ruins apple for me... I don’t know what to do now because I am a working full-time and i need to work with any other unit , It’s just crazy to me to be okay with paying more than half the amount of my MacBook as a repair fee for something I couldn’t control. even thought i asked , how if this problem can happen again after this repair. i want resonable explanation for what happend and how can we avoid it in the future . He just reply: im sorry but we never know how long it could be 1 year as it could also be 10 years. is this what are we paying for ? 2500$ . i even asked them to covor then my bill because that's not at all logic, they said sorry we can't help you with that . here i want to share my problem , because it could happen to any apple user . and i hope they will contact me soon to solve those kind of issues .

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Sep 16, 2021 11:06 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2021 7:00 AM

Mehdibouk wrote:
is that normal?

logic board dead.

. "He just reply: im sorry but we never know how long it could be 1 year as it could also be 10 years. "

Computer can fail at anytime...

this is why we encourage a robust backup plan if you value your user data.

3-2-1 Backup Strategy: three copies of your data, two different methods, and one offsite.

I would say not normal, but luck of the draw.

If you are under warranty or extended warranty hardware is covered.

https://support.apple.com/my-support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 17, 2021 7:00 AM in response to Mehdibouk

Mehdibouk wrote:
is that normal?

logic board dead.

. "He just reply: im sorry but we never know how long it could be 1 year as it could also be 10 years. "

Computer can fail at anytime...

this is why we encourage a robust backup plan if you value your user data.

3-2-1 Backup Strategy: three copies of your data, two different methods, and one offsite.

I would say not normal, but luck of the draw.

If you are under warranty or extended warranty hardware is covered.

https://support.apple.com/my-support

MACBOOK PRO 2019 15inch failure Logic board , 23 Months old ??? is that normal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.