You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I recover iMessages after the conversation is deleted?

How do I recover iMessages after the conversation has been deleted.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Sep 17, 2021 8:56 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2021 9:11 AM

Hello Alyssamn323,

To the best of my knowledge there is no option to directly retrieve deleted iMessages, like for example there is for Photos (Recently Deleted folder).

So, the only workarounds I can think of are the backups: Restoring from either a recent iCloud backup or an iTunes backup. This of course entails first erasing the iPhone, so be sure that you'll lose none of your current data on the iPhone.

This is how you can Restore all content to iPhone from a backup. This solution might be your best bet, but it might very well not work. This is because if the Messages were syncing to the iCloud before this happened, they will not be included in the backup. In which case the deleted messages are lost forever.

Kind regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 17, 2021 9:11 AM in response to Alyssamn323

Hello Alyssamn323,

To the best of my knowledge there is no option to directly retrieve deleted iMessages, like for example there is for Photos (Recently Deleted folder).

So, the only workarounds I can think of are the backups: Restoring from either a recent iCloud backup or an iTunes backup. This of course entails first erasing the iPhone, so be sure that you'll lose none of your current data on the iPhone.

This is how you can Restore all content to iPhone from a backup. This solution might be your best bet, but it might very well not work. This is because if the Messages were syncing to the iCloud before this happened, they will not be included in the backup. In which case the deleted messages are lost forever.

Kind regards.

How do I recover iMessages after the conversation is deleted?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.