You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to restore ONLY certain apps (like WhatsApp) and settings (like calendars, notification preferences and Do not Disturb settings) of iPhone WITHOUT using iCloud when transferring from a iPhone 6s to the new iPhone 13 Pro?

Is it possible to restore ONLY certain apps (like WhatsApp and its messages, etc) and settings (like calendars, notification preferences and Do not Disturb settings, etc) of iPhone WITHOUT using iCloud when transferring from a iPhone 6s to the new iPhone 13 Pro?

Cannot use iCloud because I don't have the plan beyond the 5GB it comes with and it shows 'iCloud storage is full'.

Could someone kindly show the step by step in doing so, if possible? Much appreciated.

iPhone 6s

Posted on Sep 17, 2021 9:27 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2021 12:51 AM

The restoration process involves restoring from a backup file. This backup file can either be on a computer or on iCloud. The other way to transfer the data from one iPhone to another is by using the Quick Start method. The Quick Start method does not use a backup file. It transfers data and settings directly from the old iPhone to the new. I understand that restoring from iCloud is out of question, in your case, and therefore the two remaining options are either the Quick Start method or the restoring from a computer backup method. One thing to note and that is that you will not be able to pick and choose settings and apps to transfer. Both options present an All or Nothing concept.

See the above listed 2 options and the procedures below:

Transfer Data from old iPhone to new-

Do you have a backup created either on iCloud or on your computer?

Method 1 - Backup your old iPhone on your computer like this ➔ How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support and then Restore your new iPhone from that backup like this ➔ Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Method 2 - The Quick Start method and here is how to do that ➔ Use Quick Start to transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

I like method 1 because it is the most dependable one in my opinion. Whichever option you choose, your new iPhone will have the same data and settings as your old iPhone. You can then choose to turn iCloud completely OFF on your new iPhone or buy a monthly subscription plan with enough space to create backups and sync photos, messages etc. across all your devices using the same Apple ID. This will be your call.

Axel F.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 18, 2021 12:51 AM in response to kl01

The restoration process involves restoring from a backup file. This backup file can either be on a computer or on iCloud. The other way to transfer the data from one iPhone to another is by using the Quick Start method. The Quick Start method does not use a backup file. It transfers data and settings directly from the old iPhone to the new. I understand that restoring from iCloud is out of question, in your case, and therefore the two remaining options are either the Quick Start method or the restoring from a computer backup method. One thing to note and that is that you will not be able to pick and choose settings and apps to transfer. Both options present an All or Nothing concept.

See the above listed 2 options and the procedures below:

Transfer Data from old iPhone to new-

Do you have a backup created either on iCloud or on your computer?

Method 1 - Backup your old iPhone on your computer like this ➔ How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support and then Restore your new iPhone from that backup like this ➔ Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Method 2 - The Quick Start method and here is how to do that ➔ Use Quick Start to transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

I like method 1 because it is the most dependable one in my opinion. Whichever option you choose, your new iPhone will have the same data and settings as your old iPhone. You can then choose to turn iCloud completely OFF on your new iPhone or buy a monthly subscription plan with enough space to create backups and sync photos, messages etc. across all your devices using the same Apple ID. This will be your call.

Axel F.

Is it possible to restore ONLY certain apps (like WhatsApp) and settings (like calendars, notification preferences and Do not Disturb settings) of iPhone WITHOUT using iCloud when transferring from a iPhone 6s to the new iPhone 13 Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.