You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Strange icon in menu bar

Last night when I went to shut down my M1 Mac Mini I noticed a strange icon in the menu bar:

Left or right clicking provided no information. While I was trying to do a reverse image search on it it disappeared and has not reappeared since. Has anyone ever seen this particular menu bar icon and know what it is?

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Sep 18, 2021 10:49 AM

5 replies

Sep 18, 2021 11:21 AM in response to NurgleRider

NurgleRider wrote:

Last night when I went to shut down my M1 Mac Mini I noticed a strange icon in the menu bar:
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/46565127-cbe0-4ea1-aea6-e1ae39ddc1ea

Left or right clicking provided no information. While I was trying to do a reverse image search on it it disappeared and has not reappeared since. Has anyone ever seen this particular menu bar icon and know what it is?

Look at your Activity Monitor .app for a matching icon under process name.

Activity Monitor User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

—You can look under your Log-in items if something is launching...

>System Preferences>Users &Groups>Admin>Log-in Items herr too it can be removed +/-

—You can see if it the app shows using Command Tab

—You can use the Command key and drag it off

Strange icon in menu bar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.