You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud storage not syncing up

I recently used my computer to upload my photos to a hard drive because my iCloud storage was full. I deleted them all and freed up my iCloud storage. When I tried to upload my remaining photos (from my iPhone) on to the cloud that i didn't upload and delete, it still says not enough iCloud storage. How can I upload my photos?

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Sep 19, 2021 6:33 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2021 6:53 PM

888presley Said:

"Cloud storage not syncing up: I recently used my computer to upload my photos to a hard drive because my iCloud storage was full. I deleted them all and freed up my iCloud storage. When I tried to upload my remaining photos (from my iPhone) on to the cloud that i didn't upload and delete, it still says not enough iCloud storage. How can I upload my photos?"

-------

Three Things to Try:

A. Disable/Enable Contacts::

Enable, then disable, Photos on your iPhone, so that all resyncs.

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Your Name (Top Item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: Photos (so that it is grey in-color)
  5. Tap: Photos (so that it is green in-color)

B. Restarting the iPhone:

Being just updated, start with a restart:

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Shut Down
  4. Slide: Your Finger to the Right

C. Trying a New iCloud Session:

Try logging out of iCloud, restart the iPhone (as mentioned above), and then log in.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 19, 2021 6:53 PM in response to 888presley

888presley Said:

"Cloud storage not syncing up: I recently used my computer to upload my photos to a hard drive because my iCloud storage was full. I deleted them all and freed up my iCloud storage. When I tried to upload my remaining photos (from my iPhone) on to the cloud that i didn't upload and delete, it still says not enough iCloud storage. How can I upload my photos?"

-------

Three Things to Try:

A. Disable/Enable Contacts::

Enable, then disable, Photos on your iPhone, so that all resyncs.

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Your Name (Top Item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: Photos (so that it is grey in-color)
  5. Tap: Photos (so that it is green in-color)

B. Restarting the iPhone:

Being just updated, start with a restart:

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Shut Down
  4. Slide: Your Finger to the Right

C. Trying a New iCloud Session:

Try logging out of iCloud, restart the iPhone (as mentioned above), and then log in.

iCloud storage not syncing up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.