You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi I bought iPhone 12 pro max almost 6 months ago my battery dropped now battery health is 98.

With in 6 months my battery health has dropped. Which one i am surprised now my battery health is 98.

Posted on Sep 20, 2021 11:54 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 12:02 AM

luckee289 Said:

"Hi I bought iPhone 12 pro max almost 6 months ago my battery dropped now battery health is 98."

-------

About Battery Degrading:

The Battery Health drops 1-3% out-of-the-box. Why has occurred is normal. Batteries degrade as they are used, eventually depleting (which you should avoid). It cannot stay at 100%. I have had mine replaced a few times, due to high use. I do not use it as much at this moment in time. So, I have not had to replace it in a while. Unfortunately, there is no way to know how nor when this degrade occurs. Apple recommends that you get a new battery when the Battery Health reaches 80%. So, there is no need to change the battery, all is fine.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 21, 2021 12:02 AM in response to luckee289

luckee289 Said:

"Hi I bought iPhone 12 pro max almost 6 months ago my battery dropped now battery health is 98."

-------

About Battery Degrading:

The Battery Health drops 1-3% out-of-the-box. Why has occurred is normal. Batteries degrade as they are used, eventually depleting (which you should avoid). It cannot stay at 100%. I have had mine replaced a few times, due to high use. I do not use it as much at this moment in time. So, I have not had to replace it in a while. Unfortunately, there is no way to know how nor when this degrade occurs. Apple recommends that you get a new battery when the Battery Health reaches 80%. So, there is no need to change the battery, all is fine.

Hi I bought iPhone 12 pro max almost 6 months ago my battery dropped now battery health is 98.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.