You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Add Folder to Library and Add File to Library does not work

Hi. I Updated itunes to version Version 12.10.11.2. After this the Add Folder / File to Library functions do not work with files that I added to the iTunes Media folder after the update. Simply, nothing happens. All the files that I had previously in the iTunes Media folder show up normally in the library. And if I delete one of them from the library and add it again through the Add Folder function, it works normally. But when I copied some new music to the iTunes Media folder and tried to add it through the "Add Folder / File to Library" functions, nothing happens. The files are mp3, just like all the other files in my library. In settings I have the following options enabled: "Keep itunes media folder organized" and "Copy files to itunes media folder when adding to library". If someone would have any ideas how to solve this strange problem, I would appreciate it very much, thanks!

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 4:41 AM

Similar questions

6 replies

Add Folder to Library and Add File to Library does not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.