You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi

Hello!

I think I created an issue many years ago without realizing it. Every time when I get new iPhone, I was using the old one for traveling or gave to my parents. I never reset my old iPhones or erased the data. So as the result all 4 phones are sharing same Apple ID & iCloud despite me trying to separate all phones.

so, now I’m trying to reset my old phones.

How do I do that without affecting my current phone? I am afraid that if I reset my old phones and erase all data on them - the same will happen to my current iPhone. Basically, I think, I need suggestion how to separate all phones - the older ones from my current. Does it make sense?

please help 🙂

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 11:08 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 11:19 AM

You need to individually sign out of your iCloud account on all your old devices, disable find my iPad in find my app.

Then you can erase all settings to factory default.

Before you do that make sure all your date including documents, pictures etc are fully backed up to your iCloud.

https://support.apple.com/guide/icloud/back-up-your-iphone-ipad-or-ipod-touch-mmab848634c8/icloud

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 21, 2021 11:19 AM in response to Olga8m

You need to individually sign out of your iCloud account on all your old devices, disable find my iPad in find my app.

Then you can erase all settings to factory default.

Before you do that make sure all your date including documents, pictures etc are fully backed up to your iCloud.

https://support.apple.com/guide/icloud/back-up-your-iphone-ipad-or-ipod-touch-mmab848634c8/icloud

Hi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.