You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I connect a new wireless keyboard to a 2013 MAC that is password protected?

I wrote the whole question in the subject line

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 6:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 6:19 PM

If the keyboard is an Apple Magic Keyboard rechargeable, then connect the keyboard to the Mac with the USB-Lightning charging cable that came with it. (Maybe not, if it's a USB-C cable.) Or use the USB-Lightning sync cable that an iPad or iPhone use. The kbd will behave as a wired keyboard.

OR... use a wired USB keyboard to login to the Mac and then proceed to pair the wireless kbd with the Mac after login.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 21, 2021 6:19 PM in response to theyarewatchingyou

If the keyboard is an Apple Magic Keyboard rechargeable, then connect the keyboard to the Mac with the USB-Lightning charging cable that came with it. (Maybe not, if it's a USB-C cable.) Or use the USB-Lightning sync cable that an iPad or iPhone use. The kbd will behave as a wired keyboard.

OR... use a wired USB keyboard to login to the Mac and then proceed to pair the wireless kbd with the Mac after login.

how do I connect a new wireless keyboard to a 2013 MAC that is password protected?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.