You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does HomePod work with a Mac?

I currently have Bose Soundtouch speakers, but once they're set up, they only play the music from Music that was there on the day you set the speakers up. If you add new music, you can't play it unless you uninstall the Soundtouch speakers and reinstall them. That's a pain.

I am looking at the HomePod speakers - mini version. From reading the specs, I can't tell if they can be set up or controlled via the Mac. In my house, I have the iPhone, the iPad, but my spouse doesn't have either and doesn't have a use for either. If I'm not at home, how can my spouse use the HomePod?

Does anyone have an answer?

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Sep 22, 2021 3:14 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2021 3:20 PM

Yes. See: Use HomePod with Mac - Apple Support and Share control of your home - Apple Support

1 reply

Does HomePod work with a Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.