You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can anyone knows how to relocate logic Pro sound library to external SSD? After clicking on relocate sound library, my SSD and Macintosh is greyed. It does not let me select SSD.

Can somebody help me to relocate logic Pro sound library to external SSD? After clicking on relocate sound library, my SSD and Macintosh is greyed. It does not let me select SSD.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Sep 24, 2021 4:07 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2021 4:53 AM

Hi,

Make sure the external drive is formatted with an Apple format and not a WinTel format like FAT. Also you cannot use a drive if it is also being used as a time machine backup drive.

Hope this helps.

Don

( If this was helpful please mark as such or mark as Solved if that is the case ) 

Similar questions

2 replies

Can anyone knows how to relocate logic Pro sound library to external SSD? After clicking on relocate sound library, my SSD and Macintosh is greyed. It does not let me select SSD.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.