You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

add printer

have new MacBook air M1 and can't connect my printer Brother MFC-J480DW

Thanks

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Sep 24, 2021 10:15 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2021 10:20 PM

SHAMIRANDFLOWER Said:

"add printer: have new MacBook air M1 and can't connect my printer Brother MFC-J480DW Thanks"

-------

Get the Drivers here: Brother MFC-J480DW | Compact All-In-One Inkjet Printer - Brother. If there are still issues, then remove the printer, restart the Mac, and then add it. Try this once more.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 24, 2021 10:20 PM in response to SHAMIRANDFLOWER

SHAMIRANDFLOWER Said:

"add printer: have new MacBook air M1 and can't connect my printer Brother MFC-J480DW Thanks"

-------

Get the Drivers here: Brother MFC-J480DW | Compact All-In-One Inkjet Printer - Brother. If there are still issues, then remove the printer, restart the Mac, and then add it. Try this once more.

Sep 25, 2021 4:10 AM in response to SHAMIRANDFLOWER

Hi,

The Brother MFC-J480DW is mentioned in About AirPrint - Apple Support as a model supporting the AirPrint technology. You should not need additional drivers, provided that the printer and the computer are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router).

If necessary, reset the printing system and re-add the MFC-J480DW as an AirPrint printer.

Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem - Apple Support

Add a printer on Mac - Apple Support

If all settings are OK, you could also try the following power-cycling sequence: Power off the router, the printer, the computer, and all other devices (iPhones, et cetera). Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the computer. Finally, power on all other devices.

add printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.