You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

manual config VPN ipad

Although the option is present on my iPhone, the option to manually configure a VPN connectoid is missing from my iPad (IOS15). Is there a workaround? I am traveling and want to access a web UI that has a private IP address inside my home system (I need to chech a configuration option). External VPN providers won't allow me to connect to a private VPN server.

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 15

Posted on Sep 25, 2021 1:20 AM

3 replies

Sep 25, 2021 3:20 AM in response to LotusPilot

Thank you for taking time to respond. I have two iPads, a 2 and a 3, both running IOS15. There is no option to manually configure a VPN connectoid at that location. All that is there is "Sign in to Your Work or School Account." Clicking on that brings up a screen that asks for an email address. Providing any email address goes nowhere. A non-iCloud address gets the response, "Sign In Failed. The account being signed-in to already exists and cannot be used again." An iCloud email gets the response, "Sign In Failed. Your Apple ID does not have proper privileges to perform this action."

Wait--I just found it! I had to click on, "VPN VPN Not Connected" at the top of that dialog. That brought up a screen with "Add VPN Configuration," which is where I needed to be. Thanks, LotusPilot (great car, BTW)! I couldn't have done it without you!

manual config VPN ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.