You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 15 iPad Pro Safari Bookmarks

Is there anyway to get the bookmarks menu on the upper bar in IOS15. It’s now under the sidebar menu. It seems odd to put the bookmarks tab in an area that requires significantly more gestures to access. Maybe I’m missing something? There is even a blank space to the left of the upper address bar where it previously resided.

Posted on Sep 25, 2021 7:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2021 7:53 AM

Unfortunately, iPadOS15 has fundamentally and detrimentally altered the manner in which the Safari sidebar - and by extension the Reading List, Bookmarks/Favourites and History - are accessed and managed. As you observe, something that previously required a single touch, is now more convoluted and at best requires multiple touches and actions to accomplish the same action.

There is no workaround or method by which the previous behaviour can be re-established.

Apple do invite constructive feedback, comments and feature requests via their product feedback page. For iPad and iPadOS:

Feedback - iPad - Apple

You are encouraged to make use of this facility in expressing any views concerning issues, bugs, or functionality changes of which you are unhappy.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 25, 2021 7:53 AM in response to j98az

Unfortunately, iPadOS15 has fundamentally and detrimentally altered the manner in which the Safari sidebar - and by extension the Reading List, Bookmarks/Favourites and History - are accessed and managed. As you observe, something that previously required a single touch, is now more convoluted and at best requires multiple touches and actions to accomplish the same action.

There is no workaround or method by which the previous behaviour can be re-established.

Apple do invite constructive feedback, comments and feature requests via their product feedback page. For iPad and iPadOS:

Feedback - iPad - Apple

You are encouraged to make use of this facility in expressing any views concerning issues, bugs, or functionality changes of which you are unhappy.

Oct 10, 2021 8:25 AM in response to j98az

I previously didn’t use the Favorites under bookmarks choosing instead to sort my folders without using the favorites bookmark.

I learned today that when I sorted my bookmark folders into my Favorites, they appear across the Safari open tabs. This will work for me. I’m not sure if this was in a recent update or if it was there from 15.0, but I thought I would share what I learned.

Nov 22, 2021 6:39 AM in response to j98az

I would like to append my frustration as well. I can usually see a motive for a particular change but this one escapes me. I will say I’m openminded to the logic but the biggest issue for me is dismissing the panel once I’ve made a selection. It tends to make me stop and wait until later when I’m on a phone or laptop - and that’s not efficient.

IOS 15 iPad Pro Safari Bookmarks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.