You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I don't see Music or iTunes as a choice to sync in iCloud. Help?

I am trying to sync my iTunes (my music, playlists of my own music, that I own, not a Music store) to my iPhone 11. I upgraded to ios15. My computer still is running Mojave until I know I have closed out all the 32 bit apps.

I do not see Music or iTunes as a choice to sync to iClouds. I also don't see the phone in locations using Finder. It does show up in iTunes on the computer however.

What step(s) am I missing?

iPhone 11

Posted on Sep 25, 2021 9:50 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 5:47 PM

From this other discussion thread:

Apple music or iTunes Match provides syncing capability.

iCloud storage is not set up to sync with iTunes or the music app.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253170074

All the best :)

8 replies

Sep 25, 2021 8:22 PM in response to TuckerdogAVL

Hi TuckerdogAVL,

Welcome to the Apple Community.

On the discussion thread linked below:

Says:

"When you use Apple Music, your entire library is available to stream on your iOS devices.

You can opt to download specific songs or playlist.

Only once they are downloaded will they affect storage capacity."

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253139091

Apple support has helpful articles online:

Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204926

Sync music between your Mac and iPhone or iPad

https://support.apple.com/en-au/guide/mac-help/mchlbf6a1fab/mac

Hope this helps :)

Sep 26, 2021 8:45 AM in response to TuckerdogAVL

The point is: I have no desire to pay $120 a year to listen to my own music. So using "Apple Music" is not the answer.

However, this is the answer. If you want to listen to your own music in iTunes and bypass the "just because" fee of $120 a year, you sync your phone to the computer and turn Home Sharing on.

Sync the phone. Basically, you connect the phone via a usb to i Tunes. The steps are online.

Then, you set up Home Sharing.

Then, you can access your playlists. But you need to leave the iTunes On, on the Computer so "home sharing" works. That's another hidden step you won't find on any of the "just simply" do this answers.

If you want to shuffle your songs, you can turn that on but it will shuffle all your playlists including Holiday songs and Barney the Dinosaur, for example.

So, you go into the Internet rabbit hole and find out how to turn specific tunes off. it's there. Pretty easy though. Has to do with going to the specific songs (or you can do a shift all in a playlist), choose "Get Info" and hidden other options there is a box you can check "not include" ...

Or .... after I did all that, I realized it's probably a pain in the butt now to go back in and turn those all back on ... so I would recommend you can create a Genius Playlist. Just put your tunes in there that you want to most often shuffle. You can create a "jazz" or "classical" or "dinner" or whatever ...

In the end, you learn something, you create a work around from paying yet another fee to listen to your own music. It's not just Apple; they are all designed to give just enough information to suck you into "just simply" paying. Have you ever tried to find out what you would be paying for - on anything internet related - prior to giving up your email, phone number, IP, etc to "try for free?" Then, good luck removing it if it sucks. If you want to stream something, and find this is too hard, pay the $120 a year (or $240 if you bundle with the tv).

Sep 27, 2021 3:32 PM in response to brbo

So, apparently I am now getting the message, "You do not have permission to access the requested resource." Funny. I did yesterday. So I rebooted and it appears to be working again. BTW. I pay for Apple+ and I have Family Sharing Xyz gb a month for just two phones. Just don't need the extra monthly charges since I don't listen to 90% of music out there these days. I'll do a free trial and see if classical, broadway, 40s jazz, stan getz, dave brubeck are in there ... thanks for your help on this issue.

I don't see Music or iTunes as a choice to sync in iCloud. Help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.