You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Different music library to synchronise

I want to make a new library with new discovered music; different from my old music in my library on my iMac, which I want to keep, but not synchronise, at least not for the moment, with other devices. So is it possible to synchronise with more libraries?

Posted on Sep 25, 2021 10:32 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2021 10:25 PM

Thanx for your answer. I know how to make different libraries. The problem is : my iCloud Library is still "my old one..."

I want a new iCloud Library to start all over again and keep my old music on my iMac in my "old library"

Similar questions

3 replies

Sep 25, 2021 7:51 PM in response to HCCM

You can have multiple libraries, but you can only sync one (and only one) at a time. You can have more than one music library in Music. For example, you could have a library of holiday music that wouldn’t appear in Music the rest of the year. Or you could keep some of your music in a library on an external storage device. For more info, see:

Switch libraries with the Apple Music app in macOS - Apple Support

Use multiple libraries in Music on Mac - Apple Support

Sep 26, 2021 12:00 AM in response to HCCM

Hi,

You can only have one iCloud music library. However, you can create a second library that will allow you to stream your music, content will be the same.

You could keep your original library on an external drive. New music could be added to this library and will appear in the cloud on your new library.

You will also have the benefit of streaming lossless music from the new library thus keeping the original tracks on your original library.

Jim

Different music library to synchronise

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.