You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

where do new playlists appear?

I just subscribed to apple music. On my iphone I can create a playlist from apple music (streaming tunes that aren't actually on my phone), but on my iMac I go to create playlist and select new, and nothing happens. No window to name the playlist, and no new playlist appears anywhere I can find. I'm switching from Spotify…well, trying this anyway. On spotify I had tons of playlists created.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Sep 25, 2021 4:56 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2021 6:04 PM

See the 'Create an empty playlist' section (and others) in:

Create, edit, and delete playlists in Music on Mac - Apple Support

2 replies

Sep 25, 2021 7:44 PM in response to javaliga

Tried it. Didn't work. Created an empty playlist, renamed it, but it won't allow me to add anything to it. And it's very very slow. Each step gets me the spinning ball for five seconds before anything happens. My mac is 8 years old, and that could be the problem. (Spotify works okay; thought I'd try apple music.)

where do new playlists appear?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.