You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do NOT call 911 but call emergency contact

What if I ONLY want my fall to call my emergency contact (my wife) and NOT 911?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Sep 25, 2021 5:15 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2021 5:27 PM

As javaliga has stated, that is not possible. The way that fall detections works, the first call is to 9-1-1, and when that call is completed, it will contact your emergency contacts.

While I don't believe they would change it, you can provide feedback to Apple to explain you would like to be able to just notify emergency contacts before 9-1-1. Many others have asked this same question. Feedback - Apple Watch - Apple

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 25, 2021 5:27 PM in response to johnsigwald1

As javaliga has stated, that is not possible. The way that fall detections works, the first call is to 9-1-1, and when that call is completed, it will contact your emergency contacts.

While I don't believe they would change it, you can provide feedback to Apple to explain you would like to be able to just notify emergency contacts before 9-1-1. Many others have asked this same question. Feedback - Apple Watch - Apple

Do NOT call 911 but call emergency contact

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.