You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is "Reader Mode" icon in address bar of Safari 15 for macOS?

In Safari 14, if "Reader Mode" was available, a "page" icon appeared next to the address bar. Clicking that icon activated Reader Mode for that page.

In Safari 15, that icon is gone.

For example, see this article in WiredReview: Apple iPad Mini (2021).

I find I can still activate Reader mode by choosing the menu item View > Show Reader. Ironically, after doing so that page icon appears in the old location, available to turn off Reader Mode. But how can I similarly turn on reader mode with a quick click of an icon?

Posted on Sep 28, 2021 5:12 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2021 5:17 AM

May be CMD+SHIFT+R

3 replies

Sep 28, 2021 5:55 AM in response to ayub212

Choose "Customize toolbar..." from View menu. Then drag the reader icon to the toolbar.

EDIT: Sorry, in Safari 15 (with Big Sur, at least) the reader icon appears in the URL address window if/when reader mode is available for the website being shown. At least that's how it seems to work for me.

Where is "Reader Mode" icon in address bar of Safari 15 for macOS?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.