You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cloud +

Hello I’m a bit confused I received an Email from Apple on 9/20/21 stating that my ICloud + was upgraded for free witch was cool then on 9/24/21 days later I receive another Email stating that I have no cloud storage and should upgrade to ICloud + for .99 a month could you please explain what is going on and Why ? Because now my phone my not work at full capacity !

Posted on Sep 29, 2021 9:09 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2021 4:42 PM

Hello Skyzdalilmit,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that there is some confusion regarding your iCloud+ subscription due to conflicting emails.

It sounds like one of these emails may be a phishing email which wouldn't be from Apple. iCloud storage plans became iCloud+ so if you were already paying for storage, that plan would be upgraded without you taking any action. Check out iCloud+ plans and pricing.

You can check the validity of both emails using the guidance from Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams.

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 30, 2021 4:42 PM in response to Skyzdalilmit

Hello Skyzdalilmit,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that there is some confusion regarding your iCloud+ subscription due to conflicting emails.

It sounds like one of these emails may be a phishing email which wouldn't be from Apple. iCloud storage plans became iCloud+ so if you were already paying for storage, that plan would be upgraded without you taking any action. Check out iCloud+ plans and pricing.

You can check the validity of both emails using the guidance from Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams.

Take care.

Sep 30, 2021 4:50 PM in response to Skyzdalilmit

Skyzdalilmit Said:

"Cloud +: Hello I’m a bit confused I received an Email from Apple on 9/20/21 stating that my ICloud + was upgraded for free witch was cool then on 9/24/21 days later I receive another Email stating that I have no cloud storage and should upgrade to ICloud + for .99 a month could you please explain what is going on and Why ? Because now my phone my not work at full capacity !"

-------

That is a scam. You will not get a free upgrade.

Froward it off to: reportphishing@apple.com

Cloud +

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.