You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wifi calling over second line

i have two sim on my phone. when there is a wifi i can make wifi calling with either.

is there a way to use wifi calling when there is no wifi(suppose i am in a rural area and only one carrier is covered and another is not.)

ios 15.0

iphone 13

Posted on Oct 1, 2021 11:46 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2021 12:01 PM

One of the requirements of making a call through Wi-Fi calling is that the iPhone must have a Wi-Fi connection. This Wi-Fi connection is required for carrier to make an authentication and then continue with making and receiving calls through that Wi-Fi connection, This means that if you do not have a Wi-Fi Network or your iPhone is not connected to a Wi-Fi Network then Wi-Fi Calling feature cannot be used.

The other question then pops up is whether one phone number can use another phone numbers Cellular connection to use for Wi-Fi calling. The answer is still a NO.

Can you use a HotSpot connection for Wi-Fi calling? Answer is YES, however, it cannot be from a HotSpot created by the same device that makes the Wi-Fi calling phone call. In other words, your iPhone would have to be connected to a HotSpot created by another separate device.

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 1, 2021 12:01 PM in response to selcuk147

One of the requirements of making a call through Wi-Fi calling is that the iPhone must have a Wi-Fi connection. This Wi-Fi connection is required for carrier to make an authentication and then continue with making and receiving calls through that Wi-Fi connection, This means that if you do not have a Wi-Fi Network or your iPhone is not connected to a Wi-Fi Network then Wi-Fi Calling feature cannot be used.

The other question then pops up is whether one phone number can use another phone numbers Cellular connection to use for Wi-Fi calling. The answer is still a NO.

Can you use a HotSpot connection for Wi-Fi calling? Answer is YES, however, it cannot be from a HotSpot created by the same device that makes the Wi-Fi calling phone call. In other words, your iPhone would have to be connected to a HotSpot created by another separate device.

Axel F.

wifi calling over second line

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.