You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Low impedance headphones are too loud, even on minimum volume.

I recently purchased a set of low impedance headphones (around about 20Ω). These work great with my iPhone XS, but on my iPad Air 3 it is far too loud, even on minimum volume. I can only assume this is due to the iPad having a more powerful amp built-in, but even after activating and maxing out ‘reduce loud noises’ in Settings>Sounds, the lowest available setting is just barely tolerable, but anything lower causes the music/media to abruptly cut out. Is there any other way to reduce the volume range of my iPad with these headphones, or should I start looking for some higher impedance headphones? If so, is there a suggested Ω range I should specifically keep an eye out for?

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 2:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 2:31 PM

For just music and the iOS/iPadOS Music app, ib the Settings app under Music, you could try all of the different EQ settings.

Similar questions

1 reply

Low impedance headphones are too loud, even on minimum volume.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.