You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All incoming calls display same CID # and location

For the last month, every incoming call I receive on my iPhone 8 shows the same phone number/location (Wisconsin) on caller ID. My recent calls never show the number though. This makes it appear every incoming call is spam; I answer only if I’m expecting a call. I’ve tried rebooting multiple times and the problem never improved and certainly didn’t resolve.

And yes, I know it’s an older model device but it worked just fine until now. The Apple store and my carrier were equally unhelpful as both pointed the finger at the other. I don’t care who’s at fault; I just want it fixed so don’t have to play a cell phone version Russian roulette.

iPhone 8

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 7:57 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 4:54 AM

Hello jebc06,

So if you have a friend call you, who is in your Contacts, it would still show this other bogus caller ID, correct?

Hmm, you might try getting a new SIM card from your cellular provider. Also see this:

Remove or switch the SIM card in your iPhone or iPad

If you can‘t make or receive calls on your iPhone

Good luck.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 5, 2021 4:54 AM in response to jebc06

Hello jebc06,

So if you have a friend call you, who is in your Contacts, it would still show this other bogus caller ID, correct?

Hmm, you might try getting a new SIM card from your cellular provider. Also see this:

Remove or switch the SIM card in your iPhone or iPad

If you can‘t make or receive calls on your iPhone

Good luck.

All incoming calls display same CID # and location

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.