You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No longer able to send invitations in Apple Calendar

With the recent iOS update (15 or 15.0.1), I can no longer invite others to calendar events I create. I am using an iPhone 12 Pro Max, model number MG9E3LL/A, with iOS 15.0.1. I used to be able to invite others when I created a calendar event, but that option has recently disappeared and I don't see any settings that would allow me to make an adjustment to bring it back. Here's a screenshot of the window that is used to create a calendar entry and you can see there is no "invite" option. Any suggestions are welcome! Thanks in advance.

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 12:03 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 2:16 PM

You can ignore the question I asked; I figured it out. Not sure why it matters, but if you turn off synchronizing Calendar with iCloud, the option to invite people disappears. It occurred to me while I was trying to find a setting on my iPhone to fix the problem, that I had made this change a few days ago. I undid my change (turning on Calendars under the iCloud options) and voila... back came the ability to invite others to a calendar event.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 5, 2021 2:16 PM in response to MythagoWood

You can ignore the question I asked; I figured it out. Not sure why it matters, but if you turn off synchronizing Calendar with iCloud, the option to invite people disappears. It occurred to me while I was trying to find a setting on my iPhone to fix the problem, that I had made this change a few days ago. I undid my change (turning on Calendars under the iCloud options) and voila... back came the ability to invite others to a calendar event.

No longer able to send invitations in Apple Calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.