You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I don't have any clue what I'm doing

I've got my MacBookOS hooked up via Ethernet cord and still can't get the internet to work

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 2:27 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 2:29 PM

blossom55 wrote:

I've got my MacBookOS hooked up via Ethernet cord and still can't get the internet to work

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/solve-internet-connection-problems-on-mac-mh11395/mac

2 replies

Oct 6, 2021 5:04 AM in response to blossom55

How is it hooked up? To a router? To the modern directly? I know this is a really basic question but do you have an active internet connection, i.e. an account at an Internet Service Provider? I've had to tell a couple of people locally they can't access the internet with buying into a service.

I guess you could use a free insecure connection like xfinity WiFi but that's not a safe idea.

I don't have any clue what I'm doing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.