You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't restore iPad. Getting the following error: The iPad “iPad” could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (2015)

I am trying to restore an iPad 1 on my Macbook Air M1. I have tried multiple USB-C to USB-A adapters, as well as several 30-pin dock connector cables. Depending on which cable I use, I get the following errors: 2015 and 2006. I've seen some comments linking to 2006 errors saying to try another USB cable (which I've tried), but nothing for the 2015 error.

Is this just me dealing with an iPad that has no hope of being restored, or can I try something else?

Posted on Oct 6, 2021 12:31 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2021 8:06 AM

Apple doesn’t explicitly list error #2015, but does provide guidance for error #2006:

iOS update and restore errors – Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

Can't restore iPad. Getting the following error: The iPad “iPad” could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (2015)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.