You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bookmarks sidebar now missing from Start Page in Safari 15.0?

In Safari 15.0, is there a way to show the bookmarks sidebar in the Start Page? My workflow used to be: open a new tab to Start Page > I see my expanded bookmarks sidebar just the way I left it > I click on a bookmark and go. The sidebar is now gone from Start Page and I see no option to put it back.

I now have to click into the favorites like folders every time in order to get to my bookmarks, or expand the bookmarks sidebar, click on bookmarks, click my bookmark, then close the bookmarks sidebar manually. Too many clicks. Even hitting Ctrl + Cmd + 1, clicking a bookmark, then hitting Ctrl + Cmd + 1 again to close the sidebar is two more actions than it used to be.

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 3:01 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Oct 8, 2021 3:29 PM in response to s3trio

I'm thinking a workaround for this may be to just take my commonly used bookmarks out of the folders they are in and put them at the root of Favorites so I can click on their icons directly from the Start Page. That will be a one-click operation just like before. Not ideal, but I think it should work ok.

Bookmarks sidebar now missing from Start Page in Safari 15.0?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.