You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac book pro wont start up

So I downloaded adobe animate so I could help make a video for a friend and I opened it and then my screen just went dark. I waited for about a minute before force restarting but when it started back up is played the boot up noise and showed the apple logo and then immediately turned off again. Then it repeated. I was able to start up boot camp so it’s probably a problem with the disk, I’ve had it in recovery mode over internet for about a day now and I’m not sure what to do. It is a 13 inch intel I got about 1 and 1/2 years ago and built in recovery mode doesn’t work.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 6:17 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2021 4:36 AM

When Restarting the computer hold the Option key - will it allow choosing the MacOS as a startup disk ??

Barring that - what happens with starting the computer in Safe Mode - Shift - immediately at restart and keep holding until Apple Logo is presented - then, release. Will it boot to macOS ?? If Yes, About this Mac and What does it say about Empty Space on the drive ??

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 9, 2021 4:36 AM in response to ilan149

When Restarting the computer hold the Option key - will it allow choosing the MacOS as a startup disk ??

Barring that - what happens with starting the computer in Safe Mode - Shift - immediately at restart and keep holding until Apple Logo is presented - then, release. Will it boot to macOS ?? If Yes, About this Mac and What does it say about Empty Space on the drive ??

Mac book pro wont start up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.