You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Calendar is automatically deleting new event details

Whenever I create a new event on the apple calendar app on my Mac, it immediately deletes all the event details that I put in such as name, location, etc. I have to put in this information multiple times before it saves it, and as a result sometimes it will delete events without me noticing, leaving me with a "new event" blocked out but no clue what that event is. This is very frustrating.

It's not an issue with any syncing features - even when I turn off syncing completely this happens. I've also tried restarting the program, restarting my computer, and looking for updates (there weren't any that I could find). Anyone know what is causing this and how I can fix it?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Oct 9, 2021 8:57 AM

1 reply

Oct 10, 2021 12:28 PM in response to elleeshleman

Hello elleeshleman,

We see that you need help with events in Calendar.

When you create an event where are you creating it? You can check by clicking the drop-down menu in the upper-right hand corner of the new event menu. Add, modify, or delete events in Calendar on Mac

If the event is being created in iCloud, are you able to create an even without issue online? iCloud

Does the same thing happen if you boot your Mac into safe mode? Start up your Mac in safe mode

Cheers!

Apple Calendar is automatically deleting new event details

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.