You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari cannot open the page because the server cannot open the page because the server cannot be found

I get links to a specific topics on my favorito websites in weekly emails from them. If I click on the link, I get the message above. I can go directly to the website on Edge or Chrome no problem but I cannot access through the link.

this problem started about six months ago. I have reset network settings, turned my iPad off etc and nothing changes. Is it possible that I have a setting somewhere that is causing this? What else can I try?

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Oct 10, 2021 4:57 AM

4 replies

Oct 25, 2021 10:47 AM in response to catherinewomack

Have seen this issue from time to time

There are no known Windows-like Viruses in the wild that self replicate and affect macOS, because of the underling UNIX Foundation and Permission Limitation.

The The Built in Security is all that is required to protect the computer.

Should Certain & Specific Software referenced from above is installed - it will negatively impact macOS. It is suggested, to download directly from a respected ASC Contributor, the application Malwarebytes for Mac.

It is free or paid for added features.

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with nor receive compensation from the Developer.

Run the Application and it should remove the malware / adware. Once done, restart computer and test.

Safari cannot open the page because the server cannot open the page because the server cannot be found

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.