You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Caps Lock key is not responsive. It breaks my fast typing experience

SUBJ: https://support.apple.com/en-us/TS1578

My typing is very fast.

When I'm trying to type my password (which is even faster than fast), in 70% cases the capslock key doesn't activated after I touch it.

Please add some checkbox to disable this delay

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Oct 11, 2021 10:09 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2021 10:36 PM

effolkronium Said:

"Caps Lock key is not responsive. It breaks my fast typing experience: [...]When I'm trying to type my password (which is even faster than fast), in 70% cases the capslock key doesn't activated after I touch it. Please add some checkbox to disable this delay"

-------

Reset the SMC and your NVRAM:

Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. updates), system configurations (i.e. for Keyboard Keys) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM. External Keyboard: Try Resetting the SMC and NVRAM using an external keyboard.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 11, 2021 10:36 PM in response to effolkronium

effolkronium Said:

"Caps Lock key is not responsive. It breaks my fast typing experience: [...]When I'm trying to type my password (which is even faster than fast), in 70% cases the capslock key doesn't activated after I touch it. Please add some checkbox to disable this delay"

-------

Reset the SMC and your NVRAM:

Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. updates), system configurations (i.e. for Keyboard Keys) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM. External Keyboard: Try Resetting the SMC and NVRAM using an external keyboard.

Oct 12, 2021 6:54 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

No, I've bought MacBook with Caps Lock key, and I want use it without issues as usual on any other Windows env. There is a lot of workarounds like this github project https://github.com/gkpln3/CapsLockNoDelay . Or even some private IOCTL's to keyboard devices. But it's not a solution.

Apple need to remove the program Caps Lock delay. I can't understand who and why figured out that users by default have finger movement disasters so they can unexpectedly press the CapsLock key, so Apple added the delay, but 90% people do not press buttons if the do not want press them. If U so slow and your fingers types keys from one to another by accident then the option should be enabled in settings, and never NEVER enabled as default "FEATURE", that I event can't disable in native way. Apple just do not give any change to handle with the ultimate useless feature.

Caps Lock key is not responsive. It breaks my fast typing experience

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.