You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an Apple TV account. I can only get it on my iPhone not my iPad or televisions

I cannot get on Apple TV even though I have had an account for some time. The only way I can watch it is on my phone not my iPad or smart tvs

Posted on Oct 13, 2021 12:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2021 9:16 AM

The modern Apple TV app for iPad requires iOS/iPadOS 12.3 or later. It is not available on older models that do not meet the system software requirements. Identify your iPad model - Apple Support

The Apple TV app for smart TVs is available for select models as listed. List of Apple TV app-supported devices - Apple

Using the Apple TV app requires signing in with the Apple ID account that has the subscription (or purchases). It will not give access with a different account.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 14, 2021 9:16 AM in response to Mommat426

The modern Apple TV app for iPad requires iOS/iPadOS 12.3 or later. It is not available on older models that do not meet the system software requirements. Identify your iPad model - Apple Support

The Apple TV app for smart TVs is available for select models as listed. List of Apple TV app-supported devices - Apple

Using the Apple TV app requires signing in with the Apple ID account that has the subscription (or purchases). It will not give access with a different account.

I have an Apple TV account. I can only get it on my iPhone not my iPad or televisions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.