You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connect Apple TV to Hotspot

I am trying to connect my Apple TV to a mobile hotspot. However, as soon as I select the hotspot from the network menu, it goes to a connecting screen and then gives me the message “there was a problem connecting to the network. The wi-fi password you entered is not correct. Try again. (-100)”. I am given no opportunity to enter a password.

Apple TV 3, 8

Posted on Oct 14, 2021 12:56 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2021 1:38 AM

Apple TV will first try a previously used (remembered) password for that same network name. Did you have a hotspot from that mobile before, with a different password? Try using the Other network option, to fill in both the network name and password. Try connecting several times, then Apple TV should ask for a new password. Try renaming the device, so that Apple TV will see a new SSID network name (SSID for hotspot = device name).

How to set up a Personal Hotspot on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 14, 2021 1:38 AM in response to nathan_w_1

Apple TV will first try a previously used (remembered) password for that same network name. Did you have a hotspot from that mobile before, with a different password? Try using the Other network option, to fill in both the network name and password. Try connecting several times, then Apple TV should ask for a new password. Try renaming the device, so that Apple TV will see a new SSID network name (SSID for hotspot = device name).

How to set up a Personal Hotspot on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Connect Apple TV to Hotspot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.