You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will I lose my existing purchases if I change region? (I may change back to my original region later)

Hello

My account is registered in my home country, this has become inconvenient as my new country of residence has a different payment method and regulations on media.

If I change country from A to B, then later back to A will my original purchases e.g. GoodNotes 5 or other apps still be attached to my account for redownload. I understand that subscriptions will be ended, my concern is with app purchases.

Much appreciated

Kris

iPhone 13

Posted on Oct 14, 2021 4:11 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2021 6:15 AM

This article describes how to change your country setting on everything using your Apple ID, and the requirements and results of doing this:

Read how to "Change your Apple ID country or region", click here --> https://support.apple.com/HT201389

I have never done a country change but my understanding is your purchases would still be available when you sign back into the old country, unless for some reason they were removed from the store in the interim. If these are purchases you can download and store on a computer such as media, I would do so even if I wasn't changing country.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 14, 2021 6:15 AM in response to kristopher287

This article describes how to change your country setting on everything using your Apple ID, and the requirements and results of doing this:

Read how to "Change your Apple ID country or region", click here --> https://support.apple.com/HT201389

I have never done a country change but my understanding is your purchases would still be available when you sign back into the old country, unless for some reason they were removed from the store in the interim. If these are purchases you can download and store on a computer such as media, I would do so even if I wasn't changing country.

Will I lose my existing purchases if I change region? (I may change back to my original region later)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.