You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

May I take out some computer folders from iCloud to have more iCloud space but keep it in my computer?

May I take out some computer folders from iCloud to have more iCloud space but keep it in my computer?

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Oct 14, 2021 7:09 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2021 9:22 AM

Use Finder on your Mac and move the folders from the folder that is being synced with iCloud to a location that is not synced with iCloud. One option is to move them to your Home folder or to a new folder that you create in your Home folder.

On a Mac you can access iCloud Drive and the Home folders by using the Finder "Go" menu and selecting iCloud Drive or Home.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 14, 2021 9:22 AM in response to eliana75

Use Finder on your Mac and move the folders from the folder that is being synced with iCloud to a location that is not synced with iCloud. One option is to move them to your Home folder or to a new folder that you create in your Home folder.

On a Mac you can access iCloud Drive and the Home folders by using the Finder "Go" menu and selecting iCloud Drive or Home.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.