You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sending & receiving calls & text messages on my iPad 6 Gen, and no not with iMessage or FaceTime!

Is it possible to enable Wi-Fi calling on iPad 6 Generation using a Samsung Galaxy Note9 instead of an iPhone? And if not can someone who actually has technical knowledge of Apple’s technology explain to me why it’s not able to please and thank you!

[Edited by Moderator]

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Oct 16, 2021 9:32 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2021 9:42 AM

You cannot use WiFi Calling from an iPad with a Samsung Phone - for precisely the same reason that you cannot use WiFi Calling from a Galaxy Tab with an iPhone.

The phone (being Apple or Samsung) manages/enables WiFi Calling for other devices. Samsung/Android has is own proprietary inter-device communication protocols - as does Apple/iOS.

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 16, 2021 9:42 AM in response to GalaxyKid

You cannot use WiFi Calling from an iPad with a Samsung Phone - for precisely the same reason that you cannot use WiFi Calling from a Galaxy Tab with an iPhone.

The phone (being Apple or Samsung) manages/enables WiFi Calling for other devices. Samsung/Android has is own proprietary inter-device communication protocols - as does Apple/iOS.

Oct 16, 2021 12:14 PM in response to Yeet_Boy_FRESH

I Appreciate you trying to be smart and answer my question but again obviously You didn’t read a word I said and someone and I don’t know who modified my post but obviously Apple doesn’t like it when someone calls them out! My question was if it wasn’t possible what technically OK when I say technically I mean electronically physically software or hardware what is keeping the iPad from making a call or text without a iPhone OK why does it have to physically have to have another device an iPhone pacifically give me an a reason an I was asking for a pacific reason I was asking for a pacific reason it can’t send a regular text!

so I’m gonna say it one more time my question is since Apple modified my last post every device in the world runs on different components inside of it that would be hardware do you know the physical stuff that you interact with your hands you know is there something like that that is stopping you from doing it or they’re missing a component?

when I say software you know the actual thing you’re seeing whenever you turn the device on software is what’s allowing us to communicate!

CrzyBoy777 wrote:

No, sorry. This is possible with an iPhone because they are under the same account, so unless you step away from the dark side, theres no way.

-CB777

Oct 16, 2021 12:14 PM in response to GalaxyKid

Appreciate you trying to be smart and answer my question but again obviously You didn’t read a word I said and someone and I don’t know who modified my post but obviously Apple doesn’t like it when someone calls them out! My question was if it wasn’t possible what technically OK when I say technically I mean electronically physically software or hardware what is keeping the iPad from making a call or text without a iPhone OK why does it have to physically have to have another device an iPhone pacifically give me an a reason an I was asking for a pacific reason I was asking for a pacific reason it can’t send a regular text!

so I’m gonna say it one more time my question is since Apple modified my last post every device in the world runs on different components inside of it that would be hardware do you know the physical stuff that you interact with your hands you know is there something like that that is stopping you from doing it or they’re missing a component?

when I say software you know the actual thing you’re seeing whenever you turn the device on software is what’s allowing us to communicate!

Oct 16, 2021 1:14 PM in response to GalaxyKid

It could be a combination of both a hardware and proprietary software in the different makers devices that do not allow cross-interoperability between the various makers’devices.

No one here works for Apple.

We are, largely, just Apple product customers/users here and many of us are NOT electrical designers/engineers OR have NO insight into ANY device makers’ electronics designs or schematics to be able to give you THAT detailed an answer.

Everyone here gave you their best answer possible to your question.

If you cannot accept these level of answers/replies, then there is nothing more any one here in these communities can do for you!

In addition, ALL personal, mobile device makers are competitors.

Do you really think that all of these device makers are just going to allow free, unobstructed device interconnectiviy between each other’s devices?

Hmmmm?

Sending & receiving calls & text messages on my iPad 6 Gen, and no not with iMessage or FaceTime!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.