You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stolen i phone

Can a thief use my stolen phone by switching carriers and having it unlocked?

Will a different carrier unlock it an allow the thief to use it?

If a thief can unlock the phone he stole what good does locking it out do?

Can police find the thief if they unlock it and use my phone with another provider?

Sorry but I am mad that someone stole my new phone and it seems it can not be located even with find my device being on when it was lost.

Why cant it be located?

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Oct 16, 2021 10:21 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2021 10:28 AM

Please see Apple's advice in If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

If the phone was enabled with your Apple ID it will be Activation Locked and essentially useless to the thief. However, get on line and mark it stolen/locked so they have more difficulty trying to sell to an unsuspecting buyer.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 16, 2021 10:28 AM in response to klef1

Please see Apple's advice in If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

If the phone was enabled with your Apple ID it will be Activation Locked and essentially useless to the thief. However, get on line and mark it stolen/locked so they have more difficulty trying to sell to an unsuspecting buyer.

Stolen i phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.