You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Series 1 Battery Swelling

The face of my series 1 has popped out. Prior to this there was nothing wrong with my watch. It is out of warranty. Is there a program that Apple has to replace even if out of warranty?

Apple Watch, watchOS 4

Posted on Oct 18, 2021 7:12 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2021 7:17 AM

A Series 1 is so far out of warranty it is certain to be a chargeable repair, if Apple even has parts available. My advice is you will get a better deal by replacing it with one of the current models rather than throwing money at an obsolete device.

4 replies

Oct 18, 2021 10:35 AM in response to Rpincus

Apple won't repair the watch. The Out of Warranty replacement cost for an Apple Series 1 watch is $199. That is less than the cost of a new watch. But when you factor in the watch is not capable of running any of the new WatchOS versions since I believe Watch OS 4.x.x, that may not be the wisest investment of funds when Apple Watch is currently on WatchOS 8.x.x.

You can buy a brand new Apple Watch SE, for $279. That's only $80 more to get a brand new watch which is current and modern.

Apple Watch Series 1 Battery Swelling

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.