You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do old chargers work with iPhone 13 Pro Max?

I purchased new iPhone 13 pro max. I was wondering if I can use old iPhone charger, 7 or X Max, charger to charge iPhone 13 pro? Since the old charger has the electric wall plug for USBA and also the car has port for USB A.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 21, 2021 11:25 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2021 3:43 PM

Hi imobl,

Today at the store when we purchased an iPhon 13 they said the old charger (USB A) would damage the battery because it was only 5W.

I assumed this was just salesmanship, but purchased a block anyway. Do you know - or does anyone know - if this is true? I don't want to damage the battery.

12 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 28, 2021 3:43 PM in response to imobl

Hi imobl,

Today at the store when we purchased an iPhon 13 they said the old charger (USB A) would damage the battery because it was only 5W.

I assumed this was just salesmanship, but purchased a block anyway. Do you know - or does anyone know - if this is true? I don't want to damage the battery.

Do old chargers work with iPhone 13 Pro Max?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.