You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID says my email is invalid

Why does Apple ID says my email is invalid

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Oct 21, 2021 4:29 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2021 4:50 PM

I purchased a new iPad for myself. This one is my husband’s. Apple ID says my email was taken. I tried to reset. Although I have not received an email. So I tried setting my up my iPad with my email today. Eager to play with it. But now Apple ID says my email is invalid. Having so much trouble and I don’t want to give up n return my ipad. Thank you so much for helping n taking the time for me.

14 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 21, 2021 4:50 PM in response to JoannLewis2

I purchased a new iPad for myself. This one is my husband’s. Apple ID says my email was taken. I tried to reset. Although I have not received an email. So I tried setting my up my iPad with my email today. Eager to play with it. But now Apple ID says my email is invalid. Having so much trouble and I don’t want to give up n return my ipad. Thank you so much for helping n taking the time for me.

Oct 21, 2021 6:07 PM in response to JoannLewis2

See the Apple Support article(s) below.

iPad won't turn on or is frozen

Try a forced restart.

Reset Device. -

If necessary

Hard reset.     -

Do a backup and try a factory reset. Then restore from your backup.

Restore to Factory setting.      *

Restore - If you see an error when you update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod.   *

Backup - Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup.     *

Oct 21, 2021 5:04 PM in response to JoannLewis2

Is the e-mail address belonging to your husband?

Note: Everyone in your family should have their own Apple ID, Apple ID shouldn't be shared.

You can create your own Apple ID by using a your e-mail address.

Note: The e-mail address must be valid and has not been used in an Apple environment before.

To create an Apple ID start here with your e-mail address => https://appleid.apple.com

Oct 21, 2021 5:29 PM in response to ckuan

this is my husband’s using his email. My brother who is in the service calls me to the iPad. Mi would like him to call me on mine. Is there a way to reset the password. I have had the email for 15+ yrs. why can’t I reset/better yet. Why won’t Apple send me an email to reset? I need your help. Please I just pic $1,300 for an iPad n can’t use it

Apple ID says my email is invalid

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.